“1Up On Vaping” is taking down teen nicotine by giving middle school students the tools they need to make healthy decisions about vaping and nicotine use. Teen e-cig use has reached epidemic proportions and the best way to stop it is to educate students in ways they’ll respect and remember. “1Up On Vaping” combines graphic novel style animation, intriguing story-telling and current game technology to explore how and why using nicotine is never a good choice.
The “1Up On Vaping” Product includes 3 Animated Narrative Chapters, 3 Student Learning Video Games, 9 Teacher Orientation Videos and an Innovative Teacher Guide!
- Animated Narrative Chapters take students through real-life and imagined experiences in an interactive, graphic novel format that engages them and inspires discussion.
- Learning Video Games reinforce content via state-of-the-industry animation.
- Teacher Orientation Videos show how a teacher might use the product in the classroom, guiding a class through the Narrative Chapters, encouraging student participation and demonstrating the games. Also featured, an interview with teen behavior expert Dr. Bonnie Halpern-Felsher, who gives her insights on e-cigarette and nicotine use.
- The Teacher Guide is a comprehensive resource that contains operating instructions, helpful background information and valuable teaching tips.
- “1Up On Vaping” addresses National Health Education Standards.