RE@L's Resolutions for Even Better Blogs in 2015! Come, Join Us!
As that old Scottish New Year’s Eve song says, “Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot…”, it’s time again for us to focus on what keeps our acquaintances strong and new, growing and productive.
So, your RE@L BlogMeisters, Dale LaFrenz and Tom King, are rededicated to getting out more and better ideas for 2015. We are working on some spanking, new resolutions to make our RE@L Blogsite the place to point your browser this year.
As you look for more ways to serve kids and teachers , our RE@L blogsite is where you will find more of what you need to know and ideas to try. Bookmark us, now!
Here’s a list of our TOP FIVE RE@L Resolutions:
• More bold, insightful commentaries on what’s working in K12 EdTech and what still needs working on. No solution fits every problem. How can you, the reader, be assured that reading our RE@L Blogs will help you get the best possible solutions in using Edtech effectively? We believe we remain the single source of the best review of K12 Edtech issues that can be found, anywhere.
• More bold, insightful comments, excerpts and commentaries from renowned Guest Bloggers and Twitter Users. As an example from 2014, click on the graphic to the right. We will reprint or excerpt the best of what we can find on the Blog and Twitter Universe that will help teachers, parents and students find and use more effective software apps for the growing number of mobile devices in American’s classrooms (think millions of iPads) and even more (think tens of millions of iPads) in America’s homes. Yes, there are hundreds of thousands of apps. How do you find the ones that meet your needs? What’s trending and where?
• More useful resources to follow and links to bookmark in building your own library of Professional Development Assets. Where should you look for the best of the best? Let RE@L help. RE@L’s Team follows closely a dozen or more well-known EdTech bloggers who have a lot to say and share. Click on the graphic to the right. We will continue to bring you the best of the best of the Bloggers worth following. The List for 2014 is next!
• Create a Listing of the RE@L’s Top Topics for Parents and Teachers to follow, along with references and commentaries. That list can change frequently, so it is our intention to keep it up to date and useful to our readership. STEM is gaining steam constantly, with more and more project-based learning systems for teachers to use with teams of collaborating students, on relevant topics, new skills and emerging careers.
• Lastly, some very exciting news! We want to bring you more than the printed word this year. Teachers and parents have little time to read about many issues in depth, no matter how important they are. So, recalling the rest of the Chinese Proverb, about “seeing & remembering” and “doing & understanding” RE@L has on the drawing board plans to create more short, and helpful videos with tips and insights. Think of it as a mini-“MOOC” library of self-helping videos. Moreover, we plan on creating several brief video “webinars” with a cast of local and national experts to help you sort out the changes worth knowing about.
So, join us in Ringing in this Exciting New Year of RE@L Changes for the Better!
You’ll see: Better topics, better coverage, better tips and better followup. It’s going to be a better New Year!
Just click on the globe below to post and questions, suggestions or comments you may have: